The best way to grow your business is by creating a Facebook Business Page.
Facebook has become best social media platform for entertainment as well as business. Facebook has more than 1.94 billion active users. It has become the best market place to let you buy and sell products and services.
You have a big budget business or a small startup; it doesn’t matter. You should use Facebook for your business.
What is a Facebook business page? And how to build one? Here is the detailed article on how to create Facebook business page.
A small introduction about Facebook Business Page to all newbies:
- Facebook business page is for local business, company, organization, brand, public figure, community, and many others.
- Business related posts on the page create more engagement with customers.
- Business details like business name, business logo, website, contact details, about business help in building customer’s trust.
- Facebook B=business page helps to improve branding.
- Facebook business page allows creating buttons for CTR (Call to Action).
- B2B and B2C both work great on Facebook.
- You can promote your post, page or website by Facebook Marketing.
- Features like Insight helps to analyze and track page’s engagement with customers.
- The customer can directly contact you by sending Facebook Message.
- Facebook page drive quality traffic to the business website.
Here are two things which you need to know, before creating a Facebook business page:
- You should have a Facebook personal account to create a Facebook page. You cannot create one without having a personal account.
- Do not use fake account just to create a Facebook page. If you did that and if Facebook caught you then your page will be penalized. So never do that.
Confused? What to do now? Don’t want to use the personal account for creating a professional page. Don’t think much, just continue with me.
When you use your personal Facebook account to create a page. You become the administrator of that page. But, no one can see your personal information from your page. No one even knows the name of the administrator of the page. So you don’t need to worry about your privacy.
Facebook page works as a separate entity. That entity will have administrators. It is the entity that “owns” the page not you. Once you created a page, you can add multiple administrators to the same page. These multiple admins help organizations to work together.
I hope now you’re clear with basics of a Facebook Business page. Without wasting any time let’s start with creating a Facebook business page.
3 Steps to Create a Facebook Business Page:
STEP 1: Login
- Login to your personal Facebook account. If you don’t have one, then quickly create a new account.
- Click on Drop down list present at top right corner. And click “Create Page” to create a new page.
STEP 2: Choose a Page type
Facebook offers you six different page types. Pick a page type in which your business belongs. This helps your fans find your business. Don’t worry you can change your page type later if you get it wrong.
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
Note: Here, I can’t explain each page type in details. I will write a separate blog on how to choose a perfect page type and category. For now, you can refer this article.
STEP 3: Select a more specific category.
- Once you choose page type, select a specific category from page type. Click on categories for drop down menu.
- Fill out the required information. Click Get Started.
We’re done with creating a Facebook business page.
Once you created a page, you need to update it to attract more visitors. I will surely make a separate detailed blog on how to set up a Facebook business page. To receive notifications of new posts by email, please subscribe to our Newsletter.